With their core VALE range well known across Australia, a burgeoning experimental brewing arm in the form of Fox Hat Brewing, a growing brand in Dr Pilkingtons Miracle Cider and export opportunities across the world, there are now plenty of strings to the bow of Vale Brewing.
If you'd like to be the one deciding where to aim that bow, get in touch with the Vale team as they're after a Managing Director.
Vale Brewing – Managing Director
The purpose of the Managing Director is to direct and manage Vale Brewing’s operations and to provide strategic guidance and direction to the Board to ensure the Company achieves its mission and the objectives of its shareholders, clients and staff. The Managing Director will have Sales and Marketing as a key strength and be responsible for ensuring Vale Brewing operates profitably and in an ethical manner.
- To direct and manage the resources of Vale Brewing to ensure the Company implements operational strategies as per the company’s Strategic Business Plan.
- Monitor and control the company’s performance and finances in accordance with the budgets approved by the Board of Directors.
- To develop annual strategic, business and operational plans, monitoring and reporting progress to the Board of Directors.
- To develop strategic sales and marketing plans to increase market share and channels to market for approval by the Board of Directors.
- Implementation of the strategic sales and marketing plan within set timeframes and budget to ensure financial goals and milestones are met.
- Ensure that all staff are effectively employed and adequately trained to perform their responsibilities and operational tasks in an ethical and responsible manner.
- To ensure that the products produced and sold to clients are of high quality in accordance with the company’s quality policies.
- To establish and maintain effective formal and informal links with major clients, relevant government departments and agencies, local authorities, key decision makers and other relevant stakeholders.
- To identify and mitigate risk utilising established risk management techniques.
- To ensure that Vale Brewing meets all of its legal and regulatory requirements.
- To develop and direct the implementation of policies to ensure that the Company complies with all health and safety and other statutory regulations.
- Any other duties as requested by the Board of Directors.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- A proven record of success in senior level general, commercial or sales management.
- Experience with financial management and wider management principles and techniques.
- Experience with reporting to or engaging with a Board of Directors or Executive.
- Experience with the development and implementation of strategic, operational, business and financial plans, including sales and marketing plans.
- Experience with risk management.
- Experience in progressing and / or implementing technology systems.
- Ability to develop and foster a strong business culture within the Vale Brewing team.
- Ability to engage senior level stakeholders including clients and suppliers.
- Excellent management skills including the ability to lead, manage, guide, mentor and performance manage staff and team members.
- Excellent sales and marketing ability including the ability to introduce new products and acquire new markets.
- High level understanding of hospitality and event management.
- High level understanding of brewing and lean production techniques.
- High level understanding of supply chain, logistics and warehousing.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to motivate and inspire.
- Action oriented with an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Proactive and goal-focused.
- Financially literate and ability to analyse data.
- Open-minded, honest and a team player.
If you are a passionate and dedicated Managing Director with the scope and the ability to help bring a South Australian icon to a larger national and global stage then we encourage you to apply today.
Applications can be made here and will be assessed in early January.
Please note – all applicant resumes must be submitted in Word format only.
For more information and a confidential discussion please contact Jodi Walton at Harrison McMillan on 08 7071 7094.