What’s not to like about a venue that specialises in craft beer and awesome burgers (not to mention the epic onion rings)?
That’s right – nothing.
Brother Burger & The Marvellous Brew does both to perfection and has become a much-loved part of the swelling craft beer heartland centred around Fitzroy, Collingwood and surrounds.
And now they’re after someone to run the joint.
Job Description: Restaurant/Venue Manager
We are on the look out for a great individual to manage our modern diner-style hamburger restaurant and craft beer bar.
At Brother Burger our heroes: burgers and brews are lovingly hand-crafted. In our burgers almost everything is handmade in house, from our sauces to our pickles, right through to our burger buns, which are baked daily, all from scratch.
Our craft beers on the other hand are sourced from independent breweries from all over Australia and it is a dynamic ever-changing beer selection. In fact over the past 2 years, more than 150 different beers have flowed from our 9 taps.
Our strong emphasis on hand-crafting isn’t just limited to burgers and beer, our service is very much hands on too. It is professional and knowledgeable yet relaxed and friendly. We aim to make the whole Brother burger experience an ever-entertaining one.
If you have previous restaurant and/or venue management experience, you are particularly good at it, enjoy it and would like to be part of our exciting future where as our business grows so will your career, then we’d love to hear from you. Â The Opportunity:
- To be a key part of a growing business that’ll provide opportunities for career and personal development
- To work with, and for, experienced operators who value and reward commitment and loyalty in kind
- Excellent remuneration
- Opportunity to be an active part of the exciting craft beer industry Â Attributes, skills & experience:
- Restaurant and Venue management experience minimum 2 years
- Able to work autonomously, are self-motivated and honest
- Excellent leadership experience and highly developed communication skills
- Able to demonstrate: ability to follow through with instructions, highly developed organizational skills, ability to uphold routines and protocols, and an eye for detail
- Ability to train and develop staff in all aspects of food and beverage knowledge, customer service and efficiency in the workplace.
- Can develop a positive culture within the team by motivating and supporting staff.
- Ability to establish rapport with customers that supports repeat and new business.
- Passion / knowledge of Australian Craft Beer and food in general
- Current RSA (willingness to take on the role of Liquor License Nominee)
- Computer and POS literate and proficient
- Physically fit to be able to handle stock and setting up the venue
- Well groomed and excellent personal hygiene
- Must be able to work nights and weekends
- HR duties and management
- A great sense of humour and a worldly outlook Â Duties & responsibilities:
- Day to day running of 130 seat venue
- To maintain consistent, fast, friendly and efficient service
- Hands-on, visible and accessible manager and team member
- Recruitment and weekly rosters
- Development of sales growth strategies, initiatives and communication through social media
- All aspects of staff training
- Grow staff culture, teamwork and collaboration between all company employees
- Compliance with all legal statutes including but not exclusive to OH&S regulations, Liquor Licensing and Local Council
- Craft beer and beverage procurement
- Stock control, ordering and cost management
- Cash handling and reconciliation
- Assist and support our ‘Playroom’ functions coordinator Â If you are committed, dedicated and enthusiastic please forward your CV and a Cover Letter outlining your attributes, skills and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re looking forward to meeting you. Â Only Australian permanent residents need apply.