Homestead Brewery is one of the country's newest micros and also one of the best resourced.
With former Temple man Ron Feruglio installed as head brewer and a unique to Australia, high end German brewery in place, everything we've heard about the beers has been great. You can read our interview with Ron here.
They're now looking for a brewer to join him.
JOB DESCRIPTION: ASSISTANT BREWER
Homestead Brewery is based in the Swan Valley and is seeking Expressions of Interest for an Assistant Brewer to join the brewery team. We are looking for someone who has a real passion for beer and good knowledge of the craft beer industry.
You will be working with a new Schulz 20hl Brewery in our state of the art facility. You will be starting employment immediately (can be flexible for the right candidate).
A tertiary brewing qualification or a food science background is preferable, however experience and knowledge is viewed with equal importance. A forklift license and OHS training is also desired.
The following attributes will be an advantage:
- a passion for brewing and creating interesting seasonal brews
- a focus on quality and consistency
- self-motivated team player
- strong learning and problem solving ability
- computer literacy and detailed record keeping ability
- understanding of key quality parameters required to produce high quality beer
- ability to work quickly and effectively whilst maintaining extremely high standards
- strong attention to detail
- capable of conducting quality checks & records
- proactive & positive attitude
- strong interpersonal and communication skills
- excellent work ethic and be willing to continuously get your hands dirty
- thrive in a busy work environment and capable of performing physically demanding tasks.
This is a permanent full-time role. The brewery operates 7 days and therefore weekend work may be required.
Please forward Expressions of Interest to email@example.com. All inquiries will be held in strict confidence.