JOB DESCRIPTION: HEAD BREWER
Award winning Matso's Broome Brewery in beautiful Broome is currently looking for an experienced head brewer to take our beer to the next level.
This role is Broome based with our 1.2 Hectolitre system based in the iconic Matso's building as part of the Matso's Broome Brewery Restaurant. You will be brewing to recipe some old favorites but the role will be heavily focused on innovation and experimentation with seasonal and beer of the month releases. In conjunction with being head brewer in the Broome brewery you would be responsible for overseeing the brewing operation at our contract brewer, Gage Roads Brewery, located in Palmyra.
As head brewer you will be responsible for all aspects of the brewing process including but not limited to:
- The day to day operations of the on-site brewery and cleaning
- Recipe development (in conjunction with management)
- Quality control
- Local deliveries in Broome
The role responsibilities & the attributes we are seeking:
- a fantastic attitude & work ethic is essential, hands on role
- self-motivated team player
- strong learning and problem solving ability
- computer literacy and detailed record keeping ability
- ability to report to and advise the board on all aspects of the brewery's operations
- understanding of key quality parameters required to produce high quality beer
- ability to work quickly and effectively whilst maintaining extremely high standards
- work closely with Sales & Marketing to create beers for our temporary range
- a passion for brewing interesting seasonal brews
- give brewing & product training to all restaurant/brewery staff
- strong attention to detail
- represent the brewery at a local and national level when needed
- strong interpersonal and communication skills
- proven capability of performing physically demanding tasks day to day
The successful applicant will be someone with at least four years' experience in a head brewing or assistant head brewing role. A tertiary brewing qualification is preferable.
We are seeking an individual with an absolute passion for craft beer.
You must have the ability to show initiative and work autonomously but above all, be able to present yourself as an integral part of the Matso's team.
MAD IF YOU DON'T…..APPLY NOW!!
Please forward your resume with a cover letter stating your availability to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.