As 2018 draws to a close, it's time for a final update from The Crafty Cabal for the year.
We've got heaps of festival tickets to give away, our largest beer prize pack to date and some new offers too. Plus, if you know anyone who's been thinking about joining the Cabal, we've got plenty of great new signup offers too.
First up, however, thanks to those of you who joined us for the Museum Stock Tasting with La Sirène at Audacious Monk Cellars and the tour and tasting with Steve at Blasta in Perth during WA Beer Week. A couple of cracking nights in the company of some great people and delicious beers. Look out for more events in the coming year!
Before we get into this update, tf you've not done so yet, download the Crafty Pint app too. It's designed to help you find good beer when you're out and about, with new breweries and venues being added every week. It also shows what Cabal offers are on offer around the country as well as upcoming events.
So, what's going on right now?
Summer Beer Bonanza
To close out 2018, we've put together our biggest prize pool yet for Cabalistas, featuring cases from a bunch of brewers and the Crafty fridges.
We'll pick the winners mid-Jan (even brewers are allowed a little downtime after New Year), with the cases on offer looking like this:
- Boatrocker Miss Pinky & Sunshine & Rainbows
- Stone & Wood Pacific Ale anniversary cans
- Nail MVP & VPA
- Beatnik XPA (2)
- A mixed case from Crafty Towers
Head to your members' area to be in the running to start 2019 with all a case of tasty beer landing on your doorstep.
BeerFests East and West
The team behind BeerFest is midway through its biggest year of festivals yet, with three down and three to go. You can read the story behind BeerFest here or try to win yourself tickets for a session of good beer, cider, wine, spirits and street food – plus live music, comedy and beer masterclasses.
For Cabal members eager to head to the festival in either Perth (January 18 - 20) and St Kilda (March 2), we've got tickets up for grabs. Enter via your member's area soon as we'll pick the winners to Perth BeerFest on January 3 and draw the winners for Melbourne on February 4.
Ballarat Beer Festival 2019
Ballarat Beer Festival returns on January 19, 2019, with more than 150 beers on offer plus music, entertainment, masterclasses and more. You can read about it here or Cabal members can get their hands on a ticket worth $48 plus booking fee by entering the ballot in their members' area.
We'll pick and notify winners via email on January 3, 2019, and, if you know someone who is thinking about joining the Cabal, we've also got signup offers to get some free tickets to the festival.
To sign up to the Cabal, just head here and select the Ballarat signup bonus from the drop-down box.
More GABF Geelong goodies
GABF Geelong returns for a seventh time on February 16, 2019, bringing its colourful array of beers, ciders, wines, music and entertainment over three stages, competitions and more to the city's racecourse.
Add in beer cabaret and carnival DJs together with a selection of food trucks and heaps of BBQ options with a focus on slow cooked meats – plus new touches for 2019, including larger, pot-sized tasting glasses and the ability for exhibitors to sell beer by the can – and you've got the makings of another cracking day out.
If you missed out on the first round of Cabalista giveaways, fear not, as we've more tickets to give away. Members can enter a fresh draw for tickets in their members' area now and there's a few more tickets up for grabs for new members here.
More more more...
Cabalistas can also take advantage of the following new deals:
- Head to Tippler's Tap in the Fortitude Valley to get your hands on a free basket of wings.
- Alternatively, head to Tippler's Tap in South Bank to get a tasting paddle on the house.
- Cabalistas heading to the Great Southern in WA can get 10 percent off any tap beer at Wilson Brewing Co.
- Or head to Bottlemart Margate in Brisbane's north between now and January 1 to get your hands on a free pint glass from the folks pictured above when you buy a couple of four- or six-packs from local Aussie breweries.
- Swing by Miss Moses and order one of their burgers or sandwiches and they'll serve you a free pot and a side of fries. And you can go back the next week and do it again. And again.
- You can head to The Silverlake Social in Prahran at any time, show them the appropriate offer and get a schooner and burger of your choice for just $20.
- There's still time to enter a competition to win tickets to the South West Craft Beer Festival (or to get a double pass as a welcome gift by signing up here),
- Plus, if you've got any friends thinking about heading to Brewers Feast in Abbotsford, there's still some signup bonuses available to get your hands on a $65 food pairing ticket.
Looking ahead, we'll have more GABS prizes up for grabs in 2019 and are already working on a schedule of events around the country. We'll be overhauling the Cabal homepage to make everything easier to find and will have it fully integrated into the Crafty Pint app very soon too.
Don't forget that you can keep up to date with all new offers and events by making sure you subscribe to our weekly Crafty Pint newsletter, looking out for posts tagged #craftycabal on all social channels, by following Crafty Cabal on Facebook and Instagram.
And, if you're a Cabalista who's moved, don't forget to update your details by dropping us a line here.
If you're still wondering what The Crafty Cabal is, it's perhaps best described as our equivalent to the subscription service you find community radio stations running. You can access everything we do at The Crafty Pint free of charge but if you want to support us in our good beer mission you can by signing up to the Cabal.
It's a club of sorts where, in return for your hard-earned, you get deals and freebies at venues across Australia, invites to exclusive events, entry into heaps of awesome competitions with prizes worth tens of thousands every year and more.