Good things happen when good people talk over good beer.
On November 9, Wildflower Brewing & Blending are running their third annual Waratah Day, a morning of discussions focused on sustainability in beer. This year's talks highlight regenerative approaches in agriculture and movements towards utilising native crops in fermentations.
A lineup of speakers, followed by a panel discussion, will explore what we are doing and can do better as an industry and drinkers alike to drive positive improvements in soil health and the future of grain beverages in a changing climate.
The day also celebrates and marks the third release of Waratah, a beer made from 100 percent NSW ingredients that Wildflower made in collaboration with Voyager Craft Malt, Ryefield Hops and Batch Brewing. For every takeaway bottle of Waratah and glass of beer sold at the cellar door on the day, a $2 donation will be given to regional and rural mental health programs in NSW, where all ticket proceeds will also go.
There'll also be a donation cake stall with pastries from Brickfields, Double Tap, Cherry Moon and Two Chaps, a coffee cart supported by Mecca Coffee, and a sausage sizzle sponsored by Feather and Bone.
And as an added bonus for homebrewers, Wildflower will have free vials of their house culture available.
Saturday November 9 – 10am to 2pm
Wildflower Brewing & Blending, 11-13 Brompton St, Marrickville
Tickets are a $10 donation (limited capacity - booking essential)
- Max Allen - Author, wine and drinks writer, Melbourne
- Sam & Chris Greenwood - Farmers: Greenwood Organics, Colleamby
- Gab & Chris Moore - Owners: Sailors Grave Brewing Co, Orbost
- Jade McManus & Morgan Taylor - Farmers: Ryefield Hops, Bemboka
- Imogen Semmler - Soil scientist, educator, farm consultant, Armidale
- Lou Dowling - Co-Owner: P&V Wine/Liquor, Newtown
- Bryan Martin - Winemaker: Ravensworth Wines, Murrumbateman
- Stu Whytcross - Co-owner: Voyager Craft Malt, Barellan
10am - Doors open
10.15am - Topher Boehm, Wildflower Brewing & Blending. Welcome, Acknowledgement of Country, Introduction
10.30am - Jade McManus
10.50am - Gab & Chris Moore
11.10am - Break
11.30am - Sam and Chris Greenwood
11.50am - Max Allen
12.10pm - Break
12.30pm - Panel Discussion: Imogen Semmler, Lou Dowling, Bryan Martin, Stu Whitcross, Max Allen