Asia's craft beer scene is moving forward in leaps and bounds, and Hong Kong based Young Master Ales are one of the breweries leading the charge.
They make a wide range of beer styles, from classic to avant-garde, and their breweries are home to Asia’s largest wood barrel-ageing program, including a custom-built oak foeder for their mixed-culture fermentation program.
On Monday, November 18, from 4pm to 7pm, Carwyn Cellars will be tapping eight beers from Young Master that have been air-freighted straight from Hong Kong. Stella and Ronda from Young Master will also be there to talk beer, brand and food pairings.
The food pairing conversation won't be entirely theoretical either - Super Ming next door has agreed to create a special menu for the event, with custom food pairings for each of the beers that will be on pour.
- Rye on Wood - Oak-infused rye ale
- 1842 Island - Imperial IPA
- Jeng - IPA
- Lager Al Pastor - Habanero pineapple lager
- Cha Chaan Teng Gose - Salted lime gose
- Fake Blood - IPA with blood orange
- 1,2 family - Blackcurrant Kveik sour
- Days of Being Wild Raspberry - Mixed fermentation sour ale with raspberry