Darker Days returns to Bright in June and they've secured an impressive lineup of guest brewers and musicians to lead their midwinter celebration.
Indie folk legends the Pierce Brothers, known for their high-energy live shows, are taking to the stage as part of their Australia-wide tour, while Bright's beers will be pouring alongside those from La Sirène, CoConspirators, One Drop and Sobremesa.
Bright Brewery's celebration of all things dark and decadent has been taking place in the depths of winter since 2017 with a focus on dark beer and live music.
Pierce Brothers will be joined onstage by Vaudeville Smash, Nicky Bomba, The Maes, Raging Moby and DY Saucy.
Taking place in Bright Brewery's dedicated event space next to their home, the main festival day on June 17 also includes a ceremonial bonfire, crackling firepits, Stubborn Imperial Stout vertical tastings, food, local produce and wine, cider, and cocktails.
Festival-goers are encouraged to make a weekend of it with additional festivities either side of the main event (see below).
Tickets for the festival on Saturday cost $55pp (adults), $15pp (kids aged 6 to 17), with kids under 5 free.
There's a wide range of ticketing options too, including weekend passes to all ticketed events and group discounts. We've also got a stack to give away to members of The Crafty Pint's beer club, The Crafty Cabal – see below for more.
The full schedule of festivities includes:
Friday, June 16:
- Guided Brewery Tours & Tastings (ticketed)
- Welcome Party with live music (free)
Saturday, June 17:
- Festival Day with more than ten hours of live music, headlined by Pierce Brothers (ticketed)
Sunday, June 18:
- Recovery Session with live music from 12pm (free)
Anyone wanting to get their hands on a free ticket, food, beer and swag can volunteer. Three hours work gets you all those goodies. Details here.
BEER CLUB BONUS
We've lined up a pretty epic collection of Darker Days goodies exclusively for members of our Crafty Cabal beer club. They are...
- Ten tickets for the main festival worth $55 each. Existing members can log in via the website or the Crafty Pint app to enter a ballot before May 17; and there's two set aside as welcome gifts for new members – jump in here if you want to claim one of those.
- Four packs of the Darker Days collab beer, each worth $130. They're not available until after the festival so that giveaway is open until June 14.
- And a 10 percent discount on tickets for those not wanting to take a chance on the giveaway, or wanting to buy tickets for mates. Again, check the website or app for details.