Heaps Normal specialise in alcohol-free beer, with their flagship Quiet XPA promoting hops and flavour without booze.
If you'd like to join them, they're hiring.
Job Description: QLD Sales Specialist
Why Join Heaps Normal?
Work with a diverse, highly motivated team brought together by the simple belief that there are some things too good to be wasted. We’re changing drinking culture by trading the standard drink for a new drink standard and having a bloody good time along the way.
The Heaps Normal story (the short version)
Heaps Normal is an independent Australian beer company, brewing real beer without the hangover. We’re not here to talk about being sober or hold that up as the end goal. Whether you’re taking a night off or ditching the booze for life, we reckon it’s time to talk about something more interesting...like the epic stuff you’re doing instead of getting wasted. Whether it’s burning the midnight oil or burning up the dancefloor, let’s challenge ourselves to tell better stories.
“If there was a standout winner in the non-alcoholic beers of 2020 it would be this extra pale ale.” Samanth Payne, The Guardian
“This is a very impressive new drink brand – regardless of whether it’s alcoholic or not.” Max Allen, Australian Financial Review
“[Heaps Normal] make sobriety seem genuinely cool and inviting, without being preachy. In this country, no one has ever done that with a beer.” Nick Connellan, Broadsheet
How do we work?
Heaps Normal was founded by 4 mates separated by state and international borders during lockdown in 2020. From day one, we’ve thought differently about how an Aussie beer company should operate and created a flexible, remote workplace. You’ll be surrounded by colleagues who are open minded, specialists in their fields and have a genuine interest in people.
We’re a small, highly ambitious group organisation who believe diversity is the key to strong teams. We celebrate creative problem solving and reward proactivity. We’re supported by an epic group of angel investors, artists and athletes, including the founders of some of Australia’s favourite consumer brands.
In addition to a flexible work environment, we offer a range of progressive employee benefits such as additional paid annual leave and of course a generous beer allocation.
About the QLD Sales Specialist Role
As Heaps Normal’s QLD Sales Specialist, you are the face of the company. You will work closely with the founders and National Sales Manager to build relationships with a wide range of the state’s most progressive pubs, bars, restaurants and bottle shops.
A unique opportunity exists to join Heaps Normal as one of our founding team members and help shape the kind of business you want us to be. And there’s plenty of room to grow your skills and your role.
To knock this role out of the park you will need:
- 2 years in a similar role
- a genuine interest in talking to and meeting new people
- outstanding attention to detail and communications skills
- to be highly organised and self motivated
- hunger, pride in your work and a willingness to get your hands dirty.
Would ideally suit someone with experience in a sales role for hospitality businesses like food and beverage brands (but not essential).
The role is ideally based in Brisbane. However, regular travel around QLD and occasional interstate travel may be required.
You will be a critical player in achieving our big ambitions for growth and hitting our impact objectives for creating a positive global drinking culture, starting in Australia.
- Business Value Creation - creating value with our business partnership, communication value proposition for customers and driving profitable outcomes.
- Collaborate with customers to develop a deeper understanding on their decisions, providing insightful industry, category or brand information
- Maintain a high level of our brand portfolio and technical drinks knowledge
- Deliver external brand training sessions
- Build territory plans with quantifiable objectives
- Pre-plan sales calls and seek new business at all times
- Evaluate territory and account plans and brand activations.
- Review sales reports and identify areas of opportunity or concern
- Analysing data from commercial and consumer insights to develop new strategies
- Operate with highest level of professionalism at all times, and having open communication on emerging trends, consumer behaviours and competitor activity
‘Your gender, your gods, your sex life, your skin colour or your bigshot uncle don’t make a difference here. Heaps Normal is a progressive and open-minded meritocracy. If you’re smart and good at what you do, come as you are.’ [HT Workable for these epic words]
A fire in the belly, positive attitude and hunger for constant improvement.
Applications close at 11:59pm on October 17, 2021.