Fox Friday are currently hard at work building their new brewery in Richmond and have been firing on all cylinders in Hobart for some time.
It means they're looking to hire brewers for both locations and here's you need to know about joining the Fox family.
Job Description: Brewers
We are looking for experienced brewers to join the Fox Friday family, and form part of our founding Melbourne brew team in an exciting period of growth for our company. While continued growth out of our Hobart home means we're also looking to add brewers to the team there.
Based out of Hobart, Tasmania, we’re known for brewing hoppy, hazy US-inspired IPA’s and crisp, refreshing pilsners and pales. We’re set to commence our Melbourne brewery operations in May, followed by a taproom in October this year.
About The Role
Reporting directly to our Head Brewer and indirectly to our Head of Operations, as a key member of our Melbourne team you will be involved in all aspects of the day to day brewing operations from our Richmond site. This will include but is not limited to fermentation and processing, packaging, lab analysis, NPD and CIP principles.
To be successful in this role you will have in-depth understanding of the following:
- Beer recipe specifications and what is required to achieve said targets.
- Wort production.
- Fermentation, fermentation tracking, required fermentation actions, and beer processing via centrifuge to specification.
- Laboratory analysis including; gravity readings, pH readings, DO measurement, CO2 measurement, yeast cell counts and viability, ATP measurement, and ABV measurement, as well as being able to calibrate said pieces of lab equipment.
- Aseptic sampling techniques.
- CIP (Clean in Place) principles - chemical usage, concentrations needed for accurate cleaning, sanitation and any specific safety measures required for said chemicals.
- Packaging experience – cleaning and filling kegs, canning.
Ideally you will have at least two years commercial brewing experience, in addition to:
- Dedication to general and preventative maintenance programs to ensure the brewery is operating at the highest level.
- The ability to work within a team, maintain flexibility, and work towards our common goal.
- Self-motivation, organisational skills and the ability to work autonomously.
We’re a small but passionate team and we're looking for someone who can positively contribute to our company culture – so enthusiasm and high-level communications skills are essential.
- Valid RSA.
- Valid Forklift License Victoria.
- Valid Victorian Drivers License.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. If you fit the above criteria, please get in touch with email@example.com for a confidential chat and to submit your one-page cover letter and resume.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this position. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
No recruiters please.