Otherside Brewing have multiple venues but their Brewhouse remains a cornerstone of what they do, which is make craft beer and share it with passion.
If you'd like to lead that Brewhouse venue with passion, they want to hear from you.
Job Description: Brewhouse Venue Manager
At Otherside Brewing Co. we strive to deliver consistently good craft brews and hospitality experiences that bring people together. Our hard work and passion pays off with a slew of frequently bestowed awards and a very dedicated customer base for our core range and experimental beers.
Last year we took home the Champion trophy for Best Medium Size Brewery at the Royal Food Awards, as well as Champion WA Brewery at the national Independent Brewers Association awards (the Indies).
With over 600 independently owned breweries spanning the country, each one with its unique identity and contribution, this was a major achievement and a bloody nice bit of recognition.
Our Brewhouse, which serves our brews straight from the Brewery it shares a home with, is a much loved place for locals and craft afficionados alike. Trading Wednesday to Sundays, it’s a utilitarian and functioning warehouse taproom that provides a vibrant and authentic place to hang with your crew after work and on weekends to enjoy a couple of cold ones and some delicious food, and to purchase your takeaways!
We are on the hunt for a new Full Time Venue Manager who can take our authentically loved Brewhouse to the next level of value and efficiency. Needless to say, our new VM will love craft, love serving people and have fantastic communication and management skills to lead a great hospo team by example.
You’ll be supported by our executive Management team and work closely with our Kitchen, Events, and Brewery Crews. As part of the parent group Triple1Three Ltd, you’ll enjoy the perks of our other live entertainment venues Freo.Social and Mojos Bar. We pride ourselves on our culture and pay above award.
Job tasks and responsibilities include:
- Management of all Back of House responsibilities inclusive of staffing and rostering
- Management of budgets & KPIs
- Stock control of beverages & merch – ordering, receiving, stocktakes, etc.
- Organising as well as executing functions, events & bookings
- Working with the kitchen crew to deliver fantastic food
- Continually improving the customer experience with a focus on the taproom atmosphere & events
- Working alongside our brewers to continuously learn about craft and our offerings
- Ensuring compliance with liquor licensing, RSA, food safety, WHS & other relevant legislative instruments
- Training and leading your Front of House team by example
- Championing our core group values of Creativity, Community, Authenticity, Passion, and Unison
Skills and Experience:
- Ability to work autonomously with direction and guidance from the executive Management Team
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Genuine desire to build a connection with the local community
- Previous bar and people management experience
- Friendly, positive and approachable attitude
- Current Approved Managers Certificate & Drivers Licence
- Must have unrestricted Australian work rights
- Experience with social media content creation is a bonus
This is a unique opportunity to work at the forefront of independent beer and food in WA in a friendly, knowledgeable, and welcoming environment.
Please email our People & Culture Manager Kate Frichot with your cover letter explaining why you want to work for us and your CV detailing your experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.