Brisbane Brewing have been supplying their home city with beer since 2005 and if you'd like to lead their brewing and distilling into the future, they want to hear from you.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Head Brewer & Distiller
Are you passionate about brewing and distilling world-class beers and spirits? Do you love working in beautiful Brisbane? Does attention to detail, cleanliness and organisation come as second nature to you? If you have answered yes to these questions, then this role is for you. At Brisbane Brewing Co, we understand the importance of producing consistent quality beverages to our loyal customers.
The ideal candidate for this role will maintain the supply of our core beer range on our 1200L system and our spirits on our 150L still. You will also enjoy creating interesting beers for limited release on our 3 x 50L small-batch system, as well as one-off seasonal releases.
As Head Brewer/Distiller, you will be involved in all aspects of the brewing process (planning, stock control, packaging, inventory management) and will work with the Owner, Senior Brewer, Venue Manager, Marketer and Head Chef to build on the reputation of the brewery. You will be closely supported by the Owner and Senior Brewer in your role.
- Oversee the entire brewing process including cleaning, brew day, tank scheduling, canning/kegging
- Develop new beer recipes and tweak existing ones based on customer feedback and market trends
- Manage the brewery’s schedule to ensure the flow of beer to our restaurant and wholesale customers
- Maintain brewery equipment to ensure proper operation and safety standards
- Train brewing/venue staff to ensure proper execution of brewing processes and procedures
- Implement and manage quality control measures to ensure consistent product quality
- Upkeep all documentation from inventory to production
- Foster key relationships with key stakeholders and suppliers
- At least two years of professional brewing/distilling with a proven track record
- Strong knowledge of key scientific principles for the brewing/distilling industry
- Understanding of quality control measures and techniques
- Experience in effectively managing people
- Excellent communication with fellow staff
- Full manual driver’s license
- Brisbane Brewing Co has been making beer for over 18 years
- Based in West End and Woolloongabba, the company is privately owned by Grant and Michelle Clark
- Hours will predominantly be Monday to Friday, and very occasionally, a weekend day
- Salary is dependent on qualifications, experience and skill set ($75k +)
- Start date ASAP
If you have any questions or want to apply, please contact email@example.com.