Stomping Ground have deep roots in Melbourne and you'll find their award-winning beers in good bars and bottleshops all over their home city.
If you'd like to help sell that beer, they're hiring a sales rep.
Job Description: Sales Representative
We love great beer. We love making it. We love sharing it. And of course, we love drinking it! Having launched over six years ago, Stomping Ground Brewing Co has brought brewing back to its original stomping ground of Collingwood, Melbourne. We are extremely passionate about beer and hospitality and are exceedingly proud of the growth and progress we have made so far. Here at Stomping Ground Brewing Co, we put our community at the heart of everything we do. We’re a neighbourhood brewery, bringing people together over a great beer.
THAT’S WHERE YOU COME IN…
We’re currently on the hunt for a passionate sales rep to replace a beloved team member who is making a sea change. The role will help to service our expanding customer base and share our love of great beer with our community. This role will give you the opportunity to represent our evolving beer portfolio to our diverse market with strong support from the sales and marketing teams.
Reporting to the Sales Manager, you are out on the road, walking the beat, nurturing relationships with a large existing customer base and with new and potential customers. Managing your own time, each week will look different as you represent the Stomping Ground way, identifying and actively pursuing opportunities to extend our brand further.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Service South/East territory, hybrid role/focus on-prem
- Foster trusting win-win relationships with an existing customer base
- Identify and follow up on sales leads
- Gain new distribution of Stomping Ground brands
- Design and deliver in-store activations, bottle-shop tastings and excellent visual merchandising standards utilising the core POS suite (off-prem)
- Ensure pricing and promotional compliance to agreed in-store activity
- Work closely with the sales team to develop and evolve the sales strategy and other trade initiatives
- Innovate new ideas for brand activations, beers events and even beers!
- Represent the brewery at beer events and festivals as required
- Coordinate and host tap takeovers and bar shouts and venue activations utilising the core POS suite
- Host brewery tours and tastings for your customers at our Collingwood and Morris Moor Beer Hall
THINGS YOU ARE
The successful candidate will be passionate and driven to learn about our beers. You have the flexibility to attend the beer events you organise and are invested in the market, eager to get out there, experience different beers and meet our drinkers. You’re charismatic and adaptable. You have a proactive and empathetic approach with your customers, quickly forming genuine connections and nurturing trusting relationships. You are resilient and have the determination to continuously innovate new solutions and think outside the box to get results. You love working toward a target and are confident in asking for the order.
- Experienced beverage sales reps with an existing network in the Melbourne market
- Experience dealing with promotional programs and store/venue activations
- A proven sales record, an interest in beer and a hunger to make this position your own
- A highly organised self-starter with effective demonstrated time management skills
- Business savvy with an understanding of budgets and managing expenses
The stand out candidate will have the ability to use sales techniques to bring a creative approach to their application and prove to us they have the above skills and attributes.
Salary - $70,000 to $75,000 depending on experience and will be balanced with car, phone, travel, bonus structure and other benefits and allowances.
All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality regardless of the progress of the application.
All applications will close on Wednesday 20th September. Applications after this date will be treated as expressions of interest only.