One Drop is a brewery driven by creativity and their Botany home is a hive of good times and unique beers.
If you'd like to run that taproom, they want to hear from you.
Job Description: BAR MANAGER
FULL TIME - WEDNESDAY TO SUNDAY
Welcome to One Drop Brewing Co. – where crazy ideas are born! We pride ourselves on being Australia's number 1 fruited sour brewery, located right here in Botany, and we’re all about creating an atmosphere that's truly unique (just like our brews). Our taproom is the place to be in South Sydney with our famous beers on-tap, seriously amazing food trucks on-site every weekend, live local music and good vibes!
We're on the hunt for a dynamic Full-Time Bar Manager, a true rockstar who will own the taproom and beer garden from Wednesday through Sunday. This is an awesome opportunity if you have experience working in a management role at a restaurant/bar, with serious bonus points for a keen interest in craft beer. Joining us isn't just clocking in for a job. It's becoming part of a wild, beer-loving crew that's changing the game in craft brewing and giving our community a place to be immersed in our vibe while trying everything we make. So, if you're up for raising the bar of the One Drop Experience and having a blast while doing it, then One Drop Brewing Co. is for you.
HERE'S THE DEETS:
- The position has great work life balance with no late nights (only licensed to 10pm).
- The expected operating hours of the Taproom & Beer Garden are Wednesday / Thursday 11am - 9pm, Friday / Saturday 12pm - 10pm and Sunday 12pm - 8pm. You will be expected to manage the Taproom and work behind the bar for the bulk of these times and during peak times.
- Other responsibilities such include rostering, stock ordering, menus, bookings management, event planning, taplist curating, food truck management etc
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
- Ensure an exceptional customer experience at the venue and implement continuous improvements to this customer experience
- Manage the conversion of the space from a brewery to taproom on Wednesday.
- Ensure that the venue and facilities are clean and organised
- Run the bar with the assistance of casual bar staff, keeping labour costs to a minimum.
- Schedule, train and manage a small team of casual bar staff to assist during busy periods
- Maintain the bar menu and new release schedule and manage stock ordering for wine, and non-alcoholic drinks
- Work closely with the Brewers to maintain the beer tap list and can menu
- Manage the booking system and respond to booking / venue enquiries
- Manage rotating food truck schedule
- Organise and run periodic events at the venue such Meat Raffle on Fridays.
- Promote the venue, taplist and events in conjunction with Head of Marketing through social media and other marketing channels
- Manage POS including pricing and reporting
- Control wage costs and cost of goods in line with targets
This is an opportunity to grow your career and join an incredibly creative team and highly innovative brand.
We’ve some big plans ahead, so if you’re a self-starter, highly driven, work well both in a team and on your own, embrace change, and are an all-round good human then please send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.