Sunday Road Brewing is located on Sydney's southern beaches, where the team operates a vibrant venue pouring their award-winning beers.
They're looking to hire a venue manager to oversee taproom operations, functions and events.
JOB DESCRIPTION: VENUE MANAGER
At Sunday Road we love great beer, we love making it, we love drinking it and we love that it brings together a community of beer-loving friends. We launched our first beer over seven years ago and have enjoyed significant growth and are extremely proud of what we’ve achieved to date. We are a passionate team of craft beer lovers, all of us have a great work ethic and are proud of the Sunday Road brand.
As part of our next stage of growth we are looking to expand our team by taking on a Venue Manager.
The Sunday Road Taproom Venue Manager will lead all elements of taproom operations and taproom functions and events, while driving successful commercial outcomes.
To be successful in the role you will be excited and motivated to apply your hospitality and venue management experience in a unique environment – Work life balance with friendly operating hours with a 10pm closing time and no gaming rooms and kitchens to oversee.
Does this sound like you?
- Are you an experienced venue manager with a track record of excellence in team leadership and venue performance?
- Can you demonstrate prior success with coordinating successful delivery of multi-faceted events?
- Are you the person, who keeps everything and everyone humming along, with a smile and a supportive attitude, no matter what?
- Do you possess a thorough understanding of RSA, liquor licensing and related obligations and a thorough awareness of Award and OH&S related considerations when managing your team?
- take responsibility as if the venue belongs to you?
- live by your values – and do they align with ours?
- take pride in how your venue presents and the experience of each and every customer who visits?
- find joy in training and developing team members?
- boast experience in venue-based marketing and social media?
The taproom at Sunday Road Brewing is a unique venue. Your entire focus and responsibility will be on supporting and enabling our team to deliver a consistently top-level visitor experience and ensuring everyone leaves with a sense of who Sunday Road is and what they love about us.
As well as mentoring, leading and coordinating our Taproom crew you will be responsible for:
- driving commercial taproom targets and growth plans
- ensuring the venue is operating compliantly, safely, legally and within the operational expectations of the company
- managing and developing bar staff performance
- Manage the conversion of the space from a brewery to taproom on Thursday and pack down on Sunday night
- accuracy of tills and credit card reconciliations through ensuring staff compliance and best practice operating and cash handling procedures
- ensuring opening and closing procedures are strictly followed
- stock handling procedures, including diligent attention to inventory management, regular stock takes and resolution of differences (and their cause)
- coordination and organisation of events and activations within the taproom, including communicating with multiple stakeholders
- maintaining product knowledge via in-house training and passing on the training to the taproom team
- management of Taproom operational costs, costs of goods and labour costs
- reporting to management efficiently and effectively
In addition to the elements already mentioned, you will be able to demonstrate knowledge / understanding / experience in:
- exemplary performance in customer service and an ability to lead by example to ensure a friendly and welcoming bar environment
- superior and effective communication
- reliable and honest
- strong work ethic
- experience in tapping kegs and basic understanding of draught beer systems
- an eye for identifying and suggesting opportunities for ongoing improvement
You must hold a current RSA and you must be able to supply references to evidence your previous experience and performance.
The role is full-time and you must qualify residentially to work in Australia.
Applications close on November 26, 2023, and are to be forwarded to email@example.com. Interviews may commence sooner so your prompt application is encouraged.
Salary package will depend on the candidate's relevant knowledge and experience and include all the benefits you'd expect when working for a brewery!