Why shouldn't our favourite hoppy beverage be used to help save our hoppy friends?
On the weekend of November 2-3, Healesville Sanctuary is hosting Hop Fest, a beer, cider and food event with all proceeds helping to save the brush-tailed rock-wallaby from extinction. It's a chance to celebrate the Yarra Valley’s craft brewers and small batch cider makers within the beautiful grounds of the sanctuary.
Meet the makers and sample their brews in the exclusive event space, take your pick of the food stalls, and enjoy live music and entertainment.
Then head into the sanctuary itself to see wildlife of all kinds: wallabies and wombats, emus and echidnas, parrots and platypuses, koalas and kangaroos, dingos and devils.
NB: we've got free tickets for Crafty Cabal members – see below...
Healesville Sanctuary, Glen Eadie Avenue, Healesville
Saturday November 2 from 11am to 6pm
Sunday November 3 from 11am to 4pm
Tickets cost $49 for adults (or $11 for Zoos Victoria members), and $5 for under 18s.
All tickets include access to the Hop Fest event space and entry to Healesville Sanctuary. Adult tickets include a souvenir beer sampling cup. All proceeds help save the Brush-tailed Rock-wallaby from extinction.
Click here for more info, including shuttle bus information.
CRAFTY CABAL BONUS
We've got our hands on some free tickets for member of The Crafty Cabal, our beer lovers bonus scheme. Here's how one could find its way into your hands:
- Existing Cabalistas can enter a ballot via their member's area now. We'll pick winners at random on October 31 and notify them via email soon after.
- Or you can get a ticket as a signup bonus by heading here and clicking on the GABF Geelong bonus in the drop-down list when prompted.
Tastings and sales from:
- Watts River Brewing
- The Public Brewery
- Coldstream Brewery
- Hop Hen Brewing
- Hargreaves Hill
- Detour Beer Co
- Napoleone Cider
- St Ronan's Cider
- Cherry Hill Orchards
- Zonzo Estate
There'll also be a pop up bar with local wines, gin and whiskey.
- Asian Kitchen - fried dumplings, spring rolls, Asian salad
- Harvest Cafe - coffee, jaffles, bruschetta
- BBQ - ribs, pork burgers, veggie burgers, sausages, chicken skewers, chips
- Pie shop - gourmet pies, pasties and sausage rolls Boscastle
- Picnic food - charcuterie, finger sandwiches
Vegetarian and gluten free options available
- Velvet Lounge
- The Scrims
- The Dave Orr Band (Saturday only)
Also dreaming stories and didgeridoo with Murrundindi, and bubble play & lawn games for kids