If you thought an East Coast showcase meant choosing between a thousand shades of hazy IPA, you'd be wrong. At least you would in this instance, for here it's geography over style.
Carwyn Cellars' East Coast Showcase is a relatively rare glimpse into the world of breweries from the far side of the USA – Virginia, New York, Maine and Massachusetts.
The Thornbury boozer has snaffled 11 kegs from the Aslin Beer Company, Grimm Artisanal Ales, Oxbow Brewing Company and Honest Weight Artisan Beer which they'll be tapped from midday on February 29.
- Orange Starfish – DDH IPA w Citra & Galaxy
- Sensei – TIPA w Mosaic Amarillo & Galaxy
- Beer Drinking is Not a Crime – DDH DIPA w Nelson & Citra
- Heliogram – Dry hopped foeder sour
- Today's Special New York – Chinook & Centennial pale
- Maximum Intrigue – DIPA with Mosaic & Sabro
- Lumen – Hazy IPA w Citra, Mosaic, Equinox and El Dorado
- Sasuga – Mixed fermentation rice saison
- Pastoral – Mixed fermentation saison w Euro & US Hops
Honest Weight Brewing
- Overly Dedicated – Dry hopped mixed culture saison
- Time Well Spent – Mixed culture botanical ale w honey & sumac
The beers have been brought over by Fleetwings, one of the new breed of importers we featured in this article last year.