Phat Brew Club is one of WA's newest and most irreverent brewing companies, launched by a bunch of homebrewing mates after they won a competition at Margaret River Brewhouse.
As they prepare to open their brewery venue in Perth, they're hiring a head brewer.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Head Brewer
Location: 102 Railway St, City West
Salary: $85k - $90k
Start date: Estimated mid December
- Are you passionate about brewing awesome beer and having fun whilst doing it?
- Do you have strong leadership ability and enjoy working as part of a team?
- Would you like to be involved in the development of Perth's newest and coolest brewery from the ground up?
- Do you enjoy just getting sh*t done?
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
Phat Brew Club was born from a group of homebrewers that have been commercially contract brewing for the past 18 months. In that time we have released a number of small batch releases which have been well received, with beers such as Phat n Juicy and Strawberry Fields making GABS top 100 new beers for 2021, plus multiple medals in Royal Show awards.
The group are passionate about making awesome beers that "live on the edge", with innovation and funky ideas being at the forefront of our creations. We are about creating a “culture of good times”, a place where people enjoy coming to work and play.
Our new venue will be opening in early/mid January 2023, and includes a brand new Spark 10hl system, 6 x 10hl fermenters, 6 x 10hl brite tanks, 1 x 20hl fermenter and 1 x 20hl brite tank. The intention is to have the ability to direct serve from two of the brite tanks.
This is the first stage in our five-year vision for the company.
About the role
This role is a senior leadership role within the company, reporting to the General Manager, and is suited to an energetic hands on senior brewer with a passion for innovation.
You will be working within a collaborative team, to drive industry best practice within the brewhouse and develop beers that "live on the edge".
Driving a culture of good times and safety, you will lead and mentor a small team of brewers who are eager to upskill and develop.
What we can offer you
- State of the art brand new brewhouse and equipment
- Training and development opportunities
- Safety and environmentally focussed work environment
- A workplace which prioritises looking after its people, teamwork and having a good time whilst doing it
- Opportunity to be dynamic and let your creative flair run wild
- Ability to salary sacrifice through our partnership with Simply Green
- Great perks and flexible working arrangements
- Most importantly, two additional days leave per year
Job description is available on our website. All queries please contact General Manager Travis Moore on 0438 254 672.
Applications (cover letter and CV) to be sent to email@example.com by 5pm on Tuesday, September 20, 2022.