UPDATE (13/03): The event has been postponed to October 24 due to concerns over the spread of COVID-19.
You can read Carwyn Cellars' full statement on the decision here. Within it they state: "We are confident of retaining the same stellar lineup of the original festival, as well as adding a few more big names. Expect more beer, more breweries and more collaborations!"
Anyone who has already purchased tickets is asked to check the email registered to their Eventbrite account to consider your options. And you can look out for the tapping of beers destined for the festival at the venue in the coming weeks.
As for Crafty Cabal members who won tickets, got one as a signup bonus or registered for the $20 tasters bonus, we're told your tickets remain valid PLUS you become instant VIPs with access to the new festival 30 minutes early and access to a VIP area with exclusive beers.
Any queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Original Event Listing
When it comes to sourcing and serving rare and excellent beer from world class breweries Carwyn Cellars have more runs on the board than most.
They're also no slouches when it comes to conceiving outrageously ambitious ideas for events. And now they may well have come up with an event that tops everything they've done before.
The Carwyn Collaborational sees them pairing a dozen of their favourite local brewers with twelve international legends for a unique festival – and they're taking over the street next to their Thornbury home for good measure too.
The epic event takes place across two sessions – 11am to 3pm and 4pm to 8pm – on March 28 in the venue and along neighbouring Blythe Street with each international brewery sending someone along plus four limited release beers. They'll each be paired with a local brewery to create a unique collab too, some of which will be pouring on the day.
You can view the full lineup of brewers below and keep eyes peeled for a special announcement on March 4 too.
Tickets cost $85pp, which includes a punch card that gets you $30 of tasters to get you started. We've lined up an additional $20 for Crafty Cabal members plus other bonuses (see below).
NB As of February 28, session one was 50 percent sold out; session two 65 percent.
So, who can you look forward to on the big day....
- Mr Banks & Superflux (CAN)
- Range & Cloudwater (UK)
- Boatrocker & Brouwerij de Molen (Netherlands)
- Deeds Brewing & Outer Range (USA)
- Sailors Grave & Arizona Wilderness (USA)
- Black Arts & Cellardor (USA)
- Mismatch & Track (UK)
- Otherside & Garage Project (NZ)
- Felons & Firestone Walker (USA)
- Ocho & Stillwater Artisanal (USA)
- Edge Brewing Project & Beer Here / Penyllan (Denmark)
- Hawkers & Bale Breaker (USA)
CRAFTY CABAL BONUSES
We've got a few goodies for members of The Crafty Cabal, our beer lovers bonus scheme:
- Members could win a ticket by entering a ballot before 5pm on February 14. We'll pick winners at random and notify them via email. Sorry for rapid deadline but we expect tickets to move fast and don't want anyone missing out!
- There's a couple of tickets available as signup bonuses for new members – SORRY – SOLD OUT!
- And if you're heading along you can get your hands on an extra $20 in tasting tokens if you're one of the first 50 members to register via your member's area. We will be checking that you've bought a festival ticket so don't register unless you're going!
For more on The Crafty Cabal and all the bonuses it offers beer lovers, head here.