We're barely out of summer 2015/16 but already the 2016/17 outdoor beer festival season is starting to take shape.
Among the first to declare is a new event for Melbourne: Brewers Feast, which will take over the beautiful grounds of Abbotsford Convent for two days in October.
It promises to be a little different from most, and not only because of the location; just a dozen Victorian breweries have been approached to exhibit while there's a strong focus on the food side of things, particularly on the Friday evening when the entry price includes a tasting plate and beer food experts on hand to help you find the best pairings from the beers on offer.
- The Friday Night Beer & Food Tasting Adventure is from 6pm to 11pm.
- It features live music from local artists including Michael Moss, who has performed alongside the likes of Billy Joel, The Richie Family, Richard Clapton and Australian Crawl.
- The Saturday Beer and Food Festival runs from midday to 9pm.
- It features live music from local artists including Woodlock, Harrison Storm, Jed Rowe and The Hunter Express.
- Moon Dog
- Two Birds
- Hawthorn Brewing Company
- 7 cent Brewery
- Mornington Peninsula Brewery
- Mountain Goat
- Cavalier Brewing
- Southern Bay Brewing
- Albatross Brewing
- Prickly Moses
- Watts River Brewing
You can also check out Flying Brick Cider Co.
Abbotsford Convent is at 1 St Heliers Street, Abbotsford.
Crafty Cabal VIP Packages
We've lined up 15 VIP Packages for the Friday night for Crafty Pint supporters who've signed up to The Crafty Cabal. Look out for registrations opening in your member's area in late August.