After selling out the Winter edition, Rocks Brewing is bringing its big beergustation back for a Spring outing.
In a nutshell it's six courses paired with six beers, all enjoyed in the shadow of the tanks in which they were created. More specifically it's an evening guided by both chefs and brewers exploring and explaining why each dish has been paired to each beer.
Of the beers, there'll be two regulars and four limited edition brews featured; the three recent Belgian style beers that were all brewed with the same yeast to create three very distinct beers, plus an aged version of their Scotch Ale. The menu preview goes a little something like this...
- Governor Golden Ale with potted spanner crab, spiced butter, fennel ciabatta
- IPA with grilled octopus, skordalia, chimi churi
- Dunkelweizen with braised duck, currant & chorizo "sausage" w cauliflower puree
- Belgian Pale Ale with sous vide pork loin, apple & nashi pear sauce, macadamia angratata
- Aged Scotch Ale with Applewood smoked beef cheek, Jerusalem artichoke and scotch ale jus
- White IPA with buttermilk pannacotta, olive oil roasted almonds and strawberry dust
Tickets are $90 a head and can be booked by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.