Since bushfires began wreaking destruction across the country last year, many beer businesses have been hosting fundraisers and now there's a coordinated series of Beer For Bushfire Relief events taking place on January 18 and plans for a fundraising brew are well underway too.
You can find out more about the January 18 event here. For all the other fundraisers taking place across Australia before then see below – we'll be adding to this list as we hear of more.
Update (21/01): There's a lot more events happening over the next two months and we've decided to switch to listing them daily, rather than all together. Head back to our calendar page to see them all.
If you've got an event already lined up, please send details via email. And if you'd like to help us track fundraising activities, we've created a couple of forms where you can input your events and donations here.
UPDATE (10/01): Brewers both here and overseas are invited to take part in the Resilience Beer brew – details on how to get involved here.
If you'd like to know more about this and the wider beer world's bushfire relief efforts, The Crafty Pint's founder, James Smith, was invited onto a special Ale Of A Time podcast.
- Karma Kegs for the Gippsland Emergency Relief Fund at Blackman's Brewery in Torquay, their Good Beer Bar in Geelong and their bar in Ocean Grove on Friday evening.
- Modus Operandi are donating all sales from beer poured at the brewery to Australian Red Cross and NSW Rural Fire Service.
- All funds raised at Freddie Wimpoles' "Freddie Milks the Cow Raffle" – held every Friday – will be donated to Emergency Management Victoria.
- A Karma Keg of Stone & Wood Pacific Ale will be on at The Rainbow Hotel in Fitzroy.
- Karma Keg at Wayward Brewing's Cellar Bar from 11am.
- Over the weekend of January 4-5, Big Shed Brewing are holding a New Era Vineyards Bushfire Relief Sale to support their wine friends in Adelaide Hills. They'll be selling New Era's remaining stock to help them recover some of their losses.
- Hills Music Concert at Lobethal Bierhaus in the Adelaide Hills. Local musicians are putting on a free concert from 11am to 8pm with attendees encouraged to donate to bushfire relief or the CFS Foundation.
- Black Hops are donating $2 from every Lay Day, Send It and Pale Ale sold at both taprooms. Their BH II food truck is donating $2 from every loaded fries sold too.
- Red Hill Brewery are donating all proceeds from sales of Kolsch kegs to Victorian communities devastated by the fires: Mallacoota Support Group; Red Hill CFA; Gippsland Emergency Relief Fund.
- Bad Shepherd and Hampton Wine Co are donating $1 to the Victorian CFA for every pint of their new Italian Lager collab sold until January 12.
- All proceeds from The Catfish's comedy night will go to the CFA. Karma kegs have been donated by Gage Roads and Southern Bay.
- All money raised from Bar Josephine's $6 tinnie lucky dip is going to bushfire funds. On top of that, Moon Dog are donating a keg of Pale Ale which will be on at full price with 100% of the cash being donated.
- Soapbox are tapping a Chatterbox XPA Karma Keg and will be donating all proceeds to bushfire relief.
- Charity Fundraiser featuring Brewmanity at Lamaro's Hotel. All you can eat and drink oysters and Brewmanity beer; all proceeds to the Gippsland Emergency Relief Fund.
- KAIJU! Karma Keg at Near & Far Bar, 373 Brunswick Street, Fitzroy, from 3pm.
- Little Creatures Fremantle are launching a new beer - Raspberry Dreams - and donating 100% of sales over the next 10 days.
- Helios Brewing Company are tapping their latest keg of Poseidon Pale Ale as a Karma Keg, with all proceeds going to Animal Rescue Collective.
- Deepwater Brewing are putting on a Karma Keg of Summer Ale from 11am.
- Rocks Brewing are putting on a Karma Keg of Shipyard Blueberry Wheat Ale, with proceeds going to the NSW RFS.
- There's a Crush The Keg event taking place at Hopheads to raise money for the CFA. All this week they're donating 100 percent of corkage fees collected to the CFA too.
- CoConspirators have donated a Matriarch NEIPA keg to Bar Josephine to help raise money for bushfire relief with 100 percent of sales going to bushfire relief.
- Beermash are hosting a Boatrocker showcase and Sternweisse launch. A keg of Pilsner has been donated from which all proceeds will go to the CFA and WIRES.
- Collingwood's Bar SK and friends are fundraising from 2pm with beers, art and games. Melbourne breweries Hop Nation and Burnley Brewing have supplied karma kegs and cans and all sales will be donated to the CFA and WIRES.
- The Occidental Hotel in Sydney's CBD are holding a day of raffles, lucky dips, $5 tinnies and karma kegs with all proceeds going to WIRES and Australian Red Cross.
- Head to Brisbane's Groundhog Social on Friday, Saturday and Sunday (Jan 10-12) to raise funds for The Australian Red Cross Bushfire Appeal and also for WIRES. Every beer sold from Archer Brewing, Diablo Ginger Beer and Slipstream Brewing will raise $5 and every Coffee Supreme coffee sold will raise $2.
- Backbone Bar are tapping a Karma Keg of Currumbin Valley Brewing's Sour Ale, with all proceeds going to the Currumbin Valley RFS.
- Proceeds from all ESB sales (both on tap and run out carton) at Aether Brewing will be donated to bushfire relief. (January 10 and 11)
- Empress Craft Beer in Devonport are hosting a raffle with The Northwest Raiders (local Gridiron Team) with all proceeds going towards the Red Cross Bushfire Appeal. Over the course of the weekend, all profits from their Empress Draught tap will be donated to the Appeal.
- Ballistic will be donating all profits from bar sales at Salisbury to bush fire recovery efforts. There will also be live music, food trucks and lucky door prizes, movies and a jumping castles for the kids and a silent auction for the beer kicks out there.
- Prince Alfred Port Melbourne aim to raise $2,000 thanks to a Karma Keg of Hawkers XPA from 6pm. They're also be raffle and you can choose what tunes the DJ plays and make a donation and he'll play it. No matter how bad the song is (the worse the request, the more you pay).
- Curve Cycling in Abbotsford are hosting a fundraising ride and lunch where kegs from Burnley Brewing, Bridge Road and ABLOC are being donated to raise money for Red Cross. Tickets and details here.
- The Sunshine Coast's Terella Brewing are donating $2 from every beer to the Rural Fire Services, Red Cross Bushfire Relief and WIRES.
- Milton Common are donating 100 percent percent of the proceeds from Young Henrys Natural Lager, KAIJU's Kaiju Krush, Pagan Cider's Apple Cider and Cork and Co's Harvest Pinot Gris and Pinot Noir to WIRES.
- Gipps St For Gippsland: Stomping Ground are donating kegs of their pale ale to the Arbory, Freddie Wimpoles, Ferdyduke, Hardimans Hotel, Heartbreaker, Marquis Of Lorne, Mount Erica Hotel, Spleen, Union Hotel Brunswick and Union House Richmond. All proceeds will be donated to the Gippsland Emergency Relief Fund.
- Casa For a Cause: The Crafty Cow in Kingscliff are fundraising through a day of raffles, live music, food and drinks, including a Karma Keg from Currumbin Valley Brewing. The bar will also donate $5 for every Black Hops Send It purchased.
- There will be a Send It Karma Keg at Miss Kay’s in Mitchelton too.
- The Dutch Trading Co are pouring Karma Kegs all weekend with beers from Seasonal Brewing, Cheeky Monkey, Colonial, Blasta, Gage Roads, Forward Hops, Indian Ocean, Hawkers, Impi, Nail and Otherside.
- STAGEHand features local bands headlined by Mick Thomas of Weddings, Parties, Anything at the Rifle Brigade Hotel in Bendigo supported by KAIJU!, Brookes Brewery and Holgate Brewhouse. 1pm start.
- The Empress Hotel in North Fitzroy are tapping a Bridge Road Karma Keg at 2PM to support fire affected communities.
- Profits from all beer tap sales at The Fat Goat are going directly to the Zoos Victoria Bushfire Emergency Fund and the bar's own Upwey CFA. The Upwey CFA will also be holding a sausage sizzle from 1pm to raise funds.
- Join The Windsor Alehouse for an afternoon and evening of fundraising fun featuring live music, a raffle, a few karma kegs and some good times for amazing causes.
- Grill for Good: The always wholesome musician Mac DeMarco is inviting friends to join him behind the grill for an old school sausage sizzle to raise money for Red Cross, Wildlife Victoria and Fire Relief Fund for First Nations Communities. Blackhearts & Sparrows are running the bar with beers from: Philter, Stone & Wood, Boatrocker, Moon Dog, Hargreaves Hill, Balter, Fixation, KAIJU, Hop Nation Mornington Peninsula, Burnley Brewing, Stomping Ground, 3 Ravens, Two Birds, Fury & Son, Sample, Modus Operandi, Northdown, Molly Rose, Tallboy & Moose and Wolf of the Willows. Other musicians working the grill include Alice Skye, Amyl and The Sniffers, King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard, Laura Jean, Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever and POND.
- SA Bushfire Benefit at The Gov: Bands are providing their time to raise money for bushfire affected communities, with beers from Prancing Pony.
- Hillstock at Lot 100 in the Adelaide Hills is a live music fundraiser for the CFS Foundation. Adelaide Hills Distillery, Mismatch Brewing Company and The Hills Cider Company have committed $2 from every pint or spirit sold to the cause along with 100 percent of the entry donation. Bands kick off from midday.
- The Union Hotel is hosting A Fire Relief Fundraiser, a night of auctions where customers can bid for a whole bunch of incredible prizes to raise money for Rural Aid and WIRES. The bar is also donating $2 from every schooner of select beers from Thursday until Sunday close.
- Taps Mooloolaba are tapping a Karma Keg of Black Hops Send It.
- Macalister Brewing in Queensland are running a variety event with comedy, music, cabaret and a mega raffle, with all bar takings going to bushfire relief. The event kicks off at 7pm.
- Little Creatures Geelong are launching a new beer - Raspberry Dreams - and donating 100 percent of sales over the next ten days.
- Sailors Grave are putting on a Brewer's Shout at their brewery in Orbost as a thanks to all the service people and their families that have worked on the fires.
- The Cherry Tree in Cremorne will be tapping a Karma Keg of Moon Dog's Old Mate with all proceeds going to the Red Cross Bushfire Appeal.
- See here for the huge number of events taking place on this date.
- Young Henrys are donating 300 cases and 200 kegs of beer to their hospo mates raising money for the NSW Rural Fire Service, WIRES Wildlife Rescue and Red Cross Australia at events in your area over the next two months. Full details, including how to request beer for an event plus existing events, here.
- Cryer Malt are donating a percentage of all malt sales to charities in affected regions through January.
- Freddie Wimpoles have set up two permanent taps with Stomping Ground Gipps Street Pale, and Mountain Goat lager. Buy either beer and $3 a pint will be donated to fire relief until the fires are out.
- Not For Profits can register for Thirsty Crow's Thirsty Tributary program. This sees the Wagga Wagga brewery donate one percent of revenue to registered organisations.
- Semi Pro Brewing are donating 100 percent of proceeds from every Session Ale for the week to the Red Cross.
- The Rainbow in Fitzroy raised more than $3,000 from a Karma Keg.
- Liquor Barons Bull Creek are raffling three rare beers to raise money for the NSW RFS.
- Coldstream Brewery are donating 100 percent of tips received for the month of January – they collected $800 from the first weekend alone – and are also donating $2 for each pot, pint or schooner of their new mid-strength, Skinny Dipper, to the Red Cross Bushfire relief fund.
- Woolshed Brewery have been providing accommodation for families and sent 20 cartons of beer to the NSW RFS. They're also running karma kegs at their SA home.
- All proceeds from sales of Moorabbin Draught at 2 Brothers will go to the Gippsland Emergency Relief Fund.
- IronBark Hill Brewhouse in the Hunter Valley are donating $1 per schooner of beer or cider to the NSW RFS.
- Karma kegs from a whoe stack of breweries, are pouring at Mane Liquor in Perth until they're all gone, which is most likely the end of January.
- All tips for the month of January at Footscray's Bar Josephine are to be donated to fire relied and matched dollar for dollar by the bar.
- Whitelakes are donating $1 from every pint of Aussie Lager sold in the brewhouse and at the Vernon Arms Tavern to both Red Cross and the NSW RFS throughout January.
- Modus Operandi are donating their tips and have a bar donation going directly to WIRES.
- My Beer Life and The Screaming Jets have teamed up to donate $5 per Festival Shirt to the Australian Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund.
- Molly Rose are donating their tips to Victoria's CFA and the NSW RFS.
- Bright Brewery are donating a portion of all their keg sales for January to Victoria's CFA and the Victorian Bushfire Appeal.
- Balter are donating $1 from every beer sold at the brewery and, on January 19 (as the venue is booked for a wedding on the Saturday), they're donating every cent of beer sales.
- Sydney Brewery are donating Karma Kegs of Lovedale Lager to the following venues: The Lovedale Bar (Crowne Plaza, Hunter Valley), The Cidery Bar (Rydges World Square), Sydney Brewery (Surry Hills) and the Victoria Hotel (Melbourne).
- The Craft Beer Coopery are donating $1,000 worth of crates to those affected by bushfires. If you or a mate have been impacted by the fires, please email email@example.com.
- Felons are donating 100 percent of profits from all Natural Ale poured throughout the months of January and February to support the bushfire relief.
- Hop Nation have launched a Win Beer For A Year Raffle; details here.
- The Lincoln will be donating $1 from every pint of Mountain Goat which will be on happy hour special ($8) for the whole of January. They're also taking part in the epic Bar Bushfire Shake Up, which is bringing together four top chefs and 16 Melbourne bars at The Everleigh on January 13.
- Having had an amazing response to their first Karma Keg at the brewery on January 3, Wayward will be tapping one every Saturday through to March, including January 18.
- Prancing Pony have a constant Karma Keg on tap at the brewshed where you give what you can to the local Littlehampton CFS and other local stations.
- Otherside Brewing Co and Freo.Social are donating $2 from every pint sold to the NSW Rural Fire Service and the Victorian Country Fire Authority.
- Until the end of January, Beerfarm are donating $1 of every schooner they sell at their Metricup home to Wires.
- Melbourne's Post Office Hotel is donating $1 from every pint of Coburg Brewing or Venom Brewing beers to the CFA.